Online casino games are the latest hype in the fast-changing entertainment industry. This online gaming trend has by far surpassed the movie series and music craze among the young and the old alike. Contrary to the misconception that gambling is for the nobility, anyone who has attained the legal age can easily log into a casino’s website and instantly start playing their favourite casino games. Today, you do not have to visit a casino premise miles away from home, you can actually play a game of poker or Baccarat from the comfort of your house as you take your dinner with your family. Consequently, there has been a rapid rise in the number of online casinos and players around the world. Not only are online casino games profiting the punters, but various stakeholders are also raking in millions of dollars in annual revenue from the casino industry. These include the iGaming software developers who are responsible for producing the games, the casinos and their staff, internet providers, the casino operators and the banking institutions handling the cash involved. As you can see, the online casino is taking the entertainment industry by storm and greatly contributing to the economy in the process. In this review, we seek to unravel the mystery behind online casino games and the reason why it is the popular form of entertainment today. Join us and learn the ABCs of Online casino gaming.
Types of online casino games
We all love to play and relax in one form of entertainment or other. However, nothing is more exciting than been rewarded for playing casino games or becoming a superstar overnight just for betting on a jackpot game. Online casinos make this happen by bringing the fun right to your desktop through their irresistible games. What’s more interesting is the fact that you get to experience the same thrill and anxiety while gaming online just like you would in a land-based casino. The live dealer games where you bet against a handsome Adonis or a beautiful T.V Personality makes sure that you have a wonderful session whether you win or lose. Take a look at some of the games available in online casinos:
- Baccarat: A classic table game where you place your bet against the hand that you expect to win. To win, your two cards should equal to 9 or inch closer to 9. If the total is 10 or more, you disregard the second number. You can bet that the dealer will draw the upper hand or the player will draw more points, purely a game of strategy and chance.
- Blackjack: It is a classic table game where you aim to score high points by adding the face value of your cards (as close to 21 as possible) against a dealer.
- Slots: Just like in the land-based casinos where you place your bet and spin the drums from a lever, you actually get to replay the same, the only difference is that here you use a virtual lever. When the drums rest, they reveal your fate that could be in form of prizes, cash or other rewards.
- Roulette: It is among the games that you cannot miss in any decent casino. It is based on chance. There are numbered slots that are either red or black. You get to choose a number and wait as the dealer tosses a silver ball and spins the wheel. When the wheel stops, the number where the ball rests is the winning number. If that was the number you chose, Hurrah, you automatically become the winner.
- Craps: This is a social game where your friends predict whether your dice will hit a 7 or 11. If your dice rests on a 2, 3 or 12 you lose.
- Progressive Jackpot games: Gives you the chance to bet for huge jackpot sizes ranging from thousands of dollars to millions. Currently standing at £/€/$ 8 Million.
Others include video poker, Caribbean Stud Poker and live dealer games.
Casino games tips
Whether you are in gambling for fun or for the money, it is wise to play responsibly. Some tips and tricks are necessary in order to enjoy this exciting pastime. Read on to get the secret of the do’s and don’ts while playing online casino games.
- Plan before you start playing. Take advantage of game demos and free online games to sharpen you in readiness for the real money casino gaming. Also, plan your budget well to avoid impulsive gaming and overindulgence.
- After winning, save the win and live to play again. Do not overindulge and clear it up in one swoop.
- Check the casino’s support since it will come in handy when you need it for sorting issues. A 24/7 support is preferable in case of emergencies.
- Do not rush while playing. Take time to strategize and plan your moves. After all, it is your hard-earned cash at stake here and the difference between a loss and a win may just arise if you spared more time to place your bet.
- Chances of losing to the casino after long sessions are high. It is wise to quit before you lose all your winnings by the lure of further rewards.